The therapy I offer is relational and evidence informed. This means that my focus is on establishing and sustaining good counselling relationships, whilst drawing on the theories of counselling and the science of psychology to guide the work. I find that a pluralistic stance, with its openness to different ways of thinking about life and its problems, offers the best way of helping my clients as they explore their concerns and shape their responses.
I aim to offer the highest level of confidentiality and to respond to clients’ needs appropriately and effectively. I am aware of the diversity within our communities and aim to provide counselling psychology that is sensitive to cultural and religious diversity and to personal individualism and difference.
I respect the ethical and professional guidelines of the BPS, HCPC and BACP. It is important to me that the standards, competencies and guidance of these codes are embedded in my working practices.
I offer a quiet, private space in which concerns and problems in living may be openly explored without judgement and undue influence.
I offer supervision to peers and trainees.
- Chartered Psychologist and Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Registered Member of the British Association Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Registered with the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC) as a Counselling Psychologist
- Qualification in Counselling Psychology (QCoP, BPS, Doctorate level training), an MA in Counselling, BSc (Hons) Psychology, PGCE and BA (Hons)
- Register of Applied Psychology Supervisors
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Clearance (DBS)
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Registered Data Controller with the Information Commissioners Office (IOC)
Emeralds have long been associated with the earth and its mysteries, with growth, renewal and rebirth. Famed as carriers of spiritual energy, they are linked to human aspiration and inspiration. They are said to open hearts, strengthen love and encourage compassion for self and others. Emeralds have become emblems of trust and sustainers of spiritual/ psychological journeys.
Emerald Counselling Psychology:
- Trusts in our human capacities for hope, regeneration and love.
- Encourages self-reflection to enables each client to be the author and inspiration of our own lives.
- Connects with the inner search, hopes and purposes of each client as they undertake their personal journey through counselling.
- Offers companionship, specialist knowledge and experience in order to guide, console, protect and inspire along the way.